Post Construction Checklist
A&R Integrative Janitorial recommends a checklist when performing any service including a post-construction cleaning project. A checklist is a detailed document that breaks down the different areas of a worksite into specific categories for cleaning. It helps workers walk through each space and identify any cleanup tasks that need to be done before the project can be considered complete.
What To Include in Your Checklist
Your post-construction cleaning checklist should cover each area of the building. It should serve as a guide to help workers inspect all aspects of the building from floors, windows, and ceilings to external features and the removal of trash and debris. Here’s what to include:
Entrances & Exits
All doors that lead into the building should be inspected and cleaned. These areas are the first things the new owner will notice when they arrive on property.
- Dust exterior lights
- Make sure all lights are working
- Wipe down windows
- Clean doors, door frames, and doorknobs
- Sweep entrance ways
The common areas should be clear, clean, well-lit, and free of debris. All evidence that you were there working should be removed.
- Floors are swept and vacuumed/mopped
- All lights are working and free of dust
- Doorknobs and light switches are clean
- Windows, window sills, and window tracks are cleaned and dusted
- No evidence of paint drops on the floors or scuff marks on the walls
- Trash removed
- Doors and doorframes cleaned
Kitchens/ Cafeteria/ Breakrooms can be complicated spaces, filled with crevices and spaces that often get overlooked. Part of completing a construction project is making sure the kitchen area is clean and everything is in working order.
- Dust all shelves and counters
- Clean inside appliances
- Clean inside cabinets and drawers
- Make sure all cabinet hardware is clean and secure
- Sweep and vacuum/mop floors
- Clean windows, window sills and window tracks
- Remove trash
- Clean sink and backsplash
- Wipe down all fixtures and finishes
A checklist ensures you don’t miss any important tasks and gives you an advantage of ensuring you perform the best service possible.